IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.
We currently have an opportunity for a technologically savvy professional to be the staff liaison between Technical Activities (TA) committees and various volunteer committees; defining the requirements and resources needed to accomplish TA committees’ goals.
The Project Specialist outlines the yearly objectives for committees, while analyzing areas for improvement and developing solutions to issues faced by these committees. Will also develop presentations for committee chairs; create new member orientation programs; organize meeting agendas; act as a subject matter expert between committees and IEEE.
In addition, the Project Specialist will be the staff liaison for the Technical Activities Board (TAB) President Board or TAB Division Directors’ Forum, working closely with TA volunteer leadership to develop the agenda for forums, write minutes and action items and create/coordinate presentations for the forums. Will also assist with identifying and facilitating ways to improve committee operations.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* 4 – 7 years of business experience working in a communications, non-profit governance support, business administrative or project management role
* Proficient in the use of web content management systems/technology as well as presentation and spreadsheet software
* Ability to utilize web conference tools and technologies related to virtual presentations
* Regular user of web content management systems/technology and large databases
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and management skills
* Non-clinical Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Association Executive (CAE) credentials preferred
* Experience with volunteer meeting management desired
* Experience working with Roberts Rules of Order, bylaws, policies and constitutionally based organization structures preferred
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
The IEEE (Eye-triple-E) is a non-profit, technical professional association of more than 377,000 individual members in 150 countries. The full name is the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., although the organization is most popularly known and referred
to by the letters I-E-E-E