The American Bankers Association is the banking industry's champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People - ABA experts are the "go to" sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale - ABA's unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven - ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
Did you know that women and other marginalized groups are often reluctant to submit job applications if they don’t meet 100% of the requirements? We encourage you to take a chance! If you don’t satisfy every criterion, but know you can excel in the role, we urge you to apply! We’d love to connect and talk with you about joining our team.
Employer of Choice: ABA is recognized as a 2023 Great Place to Work!
Position Overview: The Senior Manager, Webinars will plan, promote, produce and deliver of a series of ABA webinars. This role will develop and publish a webinar calendar aimed at maximizing number of programs delivered and increasing overall webinar attendance.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for collaborating with internal Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify content and develop and manage the webinars program.
Collaborate with Marketing and Sales teams to develop discount pricing and package deals while identifying venues and methods of delivery to drive new business.
Knowledge of budgets to deliver programs in accordance with Office of Member Engagement’s standards and in-compliance with established ABA policies and procedures. This role will also work to streamline processes for efficiency and cost savings.
Team Coordination – liaise with and manage project team and external SME activities and deliverables related to webinars.
Webinar Administration --
• Manage operational excellence for all scheduled paid webinars – work with SMEs to shape their presentations and handouts, request Product IDs.
• Collaborate with marketing and internal teams to execute marketing plans.
• Prepare and submit SME contract requests through Novatus contract management tool.
• Prepare and submit webinar description to Certifications for CE approval.
• Coordinate with Learning Management Systems (LMS) publishing teams to publish programming on ABA’s LMS.
Webinar Development – Serve as the primary contact for speakers, ABA subject matter experts, internal service units and the external service provider related to registration, customer service, production, and accounting processes.
• Collaborate with all in-person event staff to identify quality programming opportunities.
• Support Director with market needs assessments, evaluation of existing association programs and obtain input from internal and external sources to ensure quality and timely programs.
Webinar Management – Continue operational excellence for all scheduled paid webinars.
• Partner with SMEs to shape presentations and handouts and request Product IDs.
• Collaborate with marketing to execute marketing plans, and with other internal teams for customer support requirements, CE and general awareness.
• Liaise with ON24 to schedule and execute webinars.
• Manage webinars logistics, production schedules and project deadlines including,
• Develop decks, flow, and timing of program agenda. Prepare participant materials, manage pre-program preparations with speakers and external service provider to include content development conference meetings, coordination of and participation in software demos, equipment testing and orientation meetings.
• Provide quality control and oversight by anticipating problems, developing, and implementing solutions.
• Oversee all post briefing wrap-up activities, including invoice management, financial summary review, closing communications, and audience engagement analytics.
Marketing & Customer Service –Monitor and collaborate with Marketing and Certifications on the execution of a variety of promotional mechanisms including emails and internal communications media and ebulletins, ABA’s website and speaker promotion.
Manage and quality control of webinar web pages on ABA Website and the ABA LMS, including publishing a yearly calendar, content descriptions for individual webinars, bundles, and regular updates.
Budget Preparation and Management – Monitors expenses to ensure control of briefing costs. Creates and updates several financial reports for Director of Webinar review.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in business administration, marketing, communications or related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in working with cross-functional teams on multiple projects with demonstrably successful deliverables. Experience developing, delivering, and producing webinars or Live Virtual training required.
• Association or Financial services industry experience preferred.
• Demonstrable experience building successful working relationships with internal and external project teams.
• Superior project management skills – experience successfully managing multiple projects and stakeholders in various stages of development required.
• General knowledge of banking to include terminology and emerging issues preferred.
• Experience with learning management systems, blogs, archiving, podcasts, streaming audio/video, webcams, twittering, etc. preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to establish priorities, work independently with limited supervision.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; experience editing marketing or customer/member collateral preferred.
• Exceptional internal and external customer service.
• Experience with budget management preferred; pro-active implementation of cost saving practices.
• Ability to apply creative and strategic thinking skills; successfully analyze and assess technology and business solutions; devise and implement process improvements; exceptional management skills and judgment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and Web publishing software; experience with ON24 preferred.
American Bankers Association (ABA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family responsibilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ABA encourages and celebrates diversity so if you are motivated, hardworking and want to make a difference, come as you are!
The American Bankers Association is the united voice of America’s hometown bankers—small, regional and large banks that together employ more than 2 million women and men, hold nearly $17 trillion in assets, safeguard $12.8 trillion in deposits and extend more than $9 trillion in loans. ABA believes that government policies should recognize the industry’s diversity. Laws and regulations should be tailored to correspond to a bank’s charter, business model, hometown markets and risk profile. This policymaking approach avoids the negative economic consequences of burdensome, unsuitable and inefficient bank regulation. Through a broad array of information, training, staff expertise and other resources, ABA supports America’s hometown bankers as they perform their critical role as drivers of America’s economic growth and job creation.