The Senior Product Manager for Click & Lease is responsible for enhancing and promoting NAA’s Click & Lease program. The National Apartment Association (NAA) Click & Lease program provides NAA members with the opportunity to use web-based software to create, edit, manage and execute apartment leasing forms using the official NAA state forms. The NAA Lease Program currently sells leasing forms covering 49 states, DC, and Canada. Forms are developed, reviewed, and maintained by NAA staff with input from Click & Lease attorneys for each state or jurisdiction. The individual in this position will lead product and project management for all initiatives which relate to Click & Lease.
· Develop a detailed operational familiarity and understanding of NAA forms, templates, provisions, and input fields that make up a residential lease contract, with a primary focus on how members use the forms in real-world practice.
· Drive product development and success by working with the Click & Lease members, Product team, NAA Legal Team, Sales Team, IT Department, external counsel, Blue Moon, and various stakeholders to support the product strategy and roadmap.
· Serve as a primary point of contact for our top 50 users regarding questions regarding NAA products. Connect regularly with members to understand their needs, translating those into actionable deliverables.
· Take ownership of NAA’s new DMS system, with primary responsibility to understand and manage the state forms catalog, including training Click & Lease attorneys and NAA staff.
· Oversee the documentation of specific revisions and form updates.
· Track and manage member conflicts which may include language and the technical use of form templates, form fields, and provisions by state.
· Assists in answering member questions and concerns that pertain to the use of the NAA product stack; this includes assisting NAA staff, customers, and state counsel.
· Manage the copyright of all Click & Lease forms to keep intellectual property updated.
· Supervise the NAA Click & Lease team and drive them to deliver a healthy and efficient cadence of NAA form releases.
· Assist with planning and monitoring the NAA Services Lease Department budget.
· Assist with implementing new strategic growth initiatives to boost engagement and revenue for the Click & Lease product.
· Responsible for the overall member experience via the NAA Click & Lease portal.
· Work with other departments as needed on current product pricing and pricing strategy.
· Provide analysis and recommendations to influence the business's product strategy and ensure that the business makes informed decisions.
· Serve as a resource and product expert to help develop training and educational materials.
· Administrative and other duties as assigned.
2. Communication proficiency
3. Organizational skills
4. Project Management Prioritization
5. Technical capacity
6. Cultural Awareness
7. Innovative Forward-Thinking Vision
8. Industry Climate Awareness
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Little to no travel is expected for this position. If any, travel will be limited to NAA hosted industry conferences or strategic planning events.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College degree or equivalent experience.
3 + years rental housing owner / operator or property management experience required.
3-5 years’ experience in product/ project management.
Strong organization and project management skills; the ability to learn quickly; attention to detail; implementing and managing business processes and workflows; the ability to work quickly and accurately with both spreadsheets and Word documents and to communicate effectively in a group environment with colleagues, customers and outside service providers.
Ability to organize multiple projects and multitask.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge or experience with apartment leasing or property management transactions, operations or software
Experience creating basic templates and forms in any database
Demonstrated success and examples showing the ability to work both “in the weeds” and see the “big picture.”
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
National Apartment Association (NAA), America’s leading voice for the apartment housing industry, provides its members with the best range of strategic, educational, operational, networking and advocacy resources they need to learn, to lead and to succeed. As a federation of nearly 170 state and local affiliates, NAA encompasses over 72,000 members representing more than 8.4 million apartment homes throughout the United States and Canada. NAA’s purpose is to enable every single one of its members to fulfill his or her professional goals with great competence, speed and the highest standards of ethics.