The South Florida Manufacturers Association (“SFMA” or “The Association”) has the distinction of being the #1 resource for manufacturers in South Florida since 1961 – saving its members time and money through advocacy, networking and resources. SFMA is a member driven organization – creating new products and services as members’ needs change.
The President (The Opportunity)
The SFMA is seeking a President to represent the Association. The President is a leader, responsible for the overall management of the Association to include industry functions, industry committees that are member led, execution of strategic objectives, public relations, management of staff, membership retention and recruitment, services, events, and the financial performance of the Association.
The President is a dynamic, flexible and creative leader who will drive membership growth and retention, build relationships within the manufacturing, business and education communities, enhance and promote SFMA services, and ensure community presence. The President will inspire, lead and manage a team of employees, business advisors, members, volunteers and volunteer directors. The President will drive financial results and ensure a high standard of excellence and quality of services provided to the members. The President is an employee of the Association and will report to the Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provide leadership and direction toward the achievement of SFMA’s financial plan and objectives; manage office and sales staff;
Develop and obtain Board consensus and implement a strategic business plan to ensure the positive progress of the SFMA. Ensure membership retention, addition of new members, identification and promotion of services offered and building a dynamic association image that attracts valuable association partners, business resources and membership;
Administers the association dealings with its Manufacturing Extension Partnership Center, Florida Makes.
Collaborates with our PR firm to create and publish all SFMA Announcements and marketing initiatives;
Leads and participates in the execution of association events to increase membership and/or member benefits;
Ensure all SFMA-associated training programs are relevant and promoted to the membership and potential membership;
Manage large, conference style events including planning, fundraising, volunteers, catering, venue and programs;
Conduct of monthly Board of Director meetings including distribution of meeting minutes, financial status and tracking of SFMA Board-delegated actions;
Conduct of all SFMA business in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation;
Identify, establish and promote relationships with other organizations within the State of Florida to achieve the strategic objectives of the SFMA.
· Bachelor's degree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and seven+ years of direct management experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Superb public speaker and ability to capture large audiences.
· Experience in financial planning/reporting and budgetary accountability.
· Proven success leading a professional staff. Specific experience providing mentoring support, leading to achievement of desired objectives.
· Ability to travel and work flexible hours. The use of a personal vehicle during the course of employment is required for travel throughout the South Florida territory. Ability and willingness to attend meetings beyond the framework of the normal working schedule, including visiting local manufacturers and events in public places.
· Excellent technical skills including MS Office, SalesForce, G-Suite, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other virtual tools.
For consideration, please apply at email@example.com by providing your resume and cover letter.
The South Florida Manufacturers Association (SFMA) has held the distinction of being the #1 resource for manufacturers in South Florida since 1961 – saving its members time and money through advocacy, networking and resources.