JOB SUMMARY: The Math Motivators Program Specialist will report to the program manager and will assess and make the necessary improvements in the current Math Motivators programs across the country and help create and execute an ambitious program to expand our current math tutoring program. The Actuarial Foundation is expanding the Foundation team to achieve growth in needed programs and service areas. This position presents a great opportunity for a motivated, entrepreneurial self-starter to make a huge impact at The Actuarial Foundation.
· Develop and execute in-person and online training programs for program coordinators and tutors.
· Extensive travel required. Monthly visits to each Math Motivators location to ensure each school has implemented the Math Motivator model and best practices are being modeled in the classroom, and through communication with tutors, school personnel and community partners.
· Develop a recruiting strategy and help each location implement.
· Prepare and present research on how the Foundation might expand this program to other locations.
· Develop SAT and ACT prep programs.
· Review, assess and report on the various research taking place in the U.S. regarding the value of tutoring programs to inner-city schools. This may involve travel to locations where the research is taking place.
· Cultivate new relationships with education organizations like Teach for America and strengthen our current partnerships with organizations like SOA, CAS, IABA, NAF.
· Work with the chair of the Math Motivators Subcommittee to organize the calls. Deliver reports and updates to the Program Committee and Board of Trustees.
· Work with the Program Manager to develop a ‘franchising’ manual to help volunteers in cities across the country learn what it takes to expand the program.
· Manage the volunteer management database and train local coordinators on its use.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered)
· Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ work-related experience in education tutoring and/or teaching math.
· Project management experience and a background in training is preferred.
About Society of Actuaries
Join our growing professional membership and credentialing association and put your talents to work. We have over 27,000 members in the actuarial profession throughout the world who work in the areas of consulting, insurance, finance, healthcare and business. Our staff of 150 strives to provide the highest level of service to our members in everything we do from education, to credentialing exams to research and communication. We are located in Schaumburg, across from The Streets of Woodfield, conveniently adjacent to I-90, 355 and 290. Our office is accessible on public transportation from Chicago, via the blue line and Pace Bus. Our benefits include BCBS Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, a generous retirement contribution, work-out facility in the building, health club reimbursement, opportunities for professional development including tuition reimbursement and internal and external training opportunities.