The Program Manager, Membership is a strategic contributor to the Academy’s evolving membership strategy and assists with the development and implementation of infrastructure for a high touch membership experience. The Member Services Manager is also responsible for maintaining the integrity of the member database and implementing standard operating procedures for membership operations.
1. Manage the daily operations of the Member Services team: • Oversee department administration of membership policies and procedures to ensure effective, delivery of benefits and services to members • Supervise, develop and coach four direct reports to ensure productivity and engagement • Support the development of membership dues revenue projections and department program budgets • Provide holistic analysis and solutions to ensure quality processes and improvements to the Member Service operation workflows • Manage the prioritization of open issues and system functionality bugs on the Membership Operations board • Document and refine standard operating procedures for membership processes
2. Oversee the creation and execution of the membership communication calendar: • Work in tandem with the Director of Membership and Customer Service to develop and implement strategies to recruit, engage and retain Academy members • Assist in the identification and engagement of at-risk members • Track, report and analyze membership-related statistics
3. Ensure data integrity of member records, dues billing and collections, reconciliation of dues revenue.
4. Collaborate with staff from Member Services, Marketing, Communications, IT and other stakeholders to ensure consistency in membership value proposition messaging, improve usability and enhance the member experience on aao.org, Ophthalmology Job Center and other Academy platforms
• 5 years management experience, preferably in associations or non-profit organizations • High-energy self-starter with a strong sense of accountability • Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) • Analytical skills and the ability to think things through, anticipate solutions and next steps • Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite • Project manager and budgeting experience • Highly organized and detail-oriented, flexible and collaborative with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously • Ability to speak and write in a foreign language professionally, preferably Spanish • Travel required to the Academy’s Annual Meeting • Bachelor degree in business or related field, preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered
Internal Number: PM23
About American Academy of Ophthalmology
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is the world’s largest association of eye physicians and surgeons. A global community of 32,000 medical doctors, we protect sight and empower lives by setting the standards for ophthalmic education and advocating for our patients and the public. We innovate to advance our profession and to ensure the delivery of the highest-quality eye care. For more information, visit www.aao.org.
We offer our employees competitive base salaries, discretionary year-end bonuses, comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental and vision), generous vacation days with additional gifts of time, in addition to 10 paid holidays per year.
For more information on benefits please go to: http://www.aao.org/jobs/benefits