Reports to: Director of Meetings, or assigned Meeting Managers
Staff supervision: None
Leadership Support to: Meeting/Congress Presidents and the Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
The International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) is a global not-for-profit membership organization advancing the understanding, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of thrombotic and bleeding disorders. The Society is dedicated to transformative scientific discoveries and clinical practices, the development of young professionals and the education of physicians, scientists and allied health professionals wherever they may live. At the ISTH, we initiate and promote education and outreach initiatives, research activities, scientific meetings, peer-reviewed publications, expert committees and the development of standards allowing a common language and approach to basic and clinical science all over the world. Our organization is based in Carrboro, North Carolina, near the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill campus.
The Registration Manager works as part of the Meetings team to support and manage the registration processes of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) scientific meetings and events, including the Annual Congress, SSC Meeting, Educational Workshops and other meetings and events as directed by the Director of Meetings. The ISTH’s annual congress can attract up to 10,000 attendees and is held globally. The ideal candidate has several years of successful experience managing meeting registrations - preferably international meetings - with a strong track record of responsive customer service, and a love of logistics and operations. This talented professional has a proven ability to manage the implementation and design of the online meeting registration using industry-specific platforms (such as EventsAIR). The successful candidate is a self-starter and excited about the opportunity to strengthen and build efficient procedures of a large-scale international medical society meeting registration system. The Registration Manager will be a new addition to the ISTH team and will quickly forge meaningful and productive working relationships across multiple teams and with external stakeholders.
· Coordinate and manage all aspects of the registration process for multiple congresses and meetings.
· Develop, manage and maintain production timeline for registration system launches and tasks.
· Update registration application configuration based on ISTH business requirements and system standards.
· Set up registrations for ISTH Congresses and Events registration software (organization currently uses EventsAir).
· Coordinates with internal ISTH key contacts to gather specifications for online registration forms.
· Leads internal testing of online registration, including collecting feedback and implementing changes.
· Maintain/Update report specifications for internal departments.
· Update and execute testing plans for registration application.
· Monitor registration data, reports, website, and application to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
· Develop and maintain process documentation with the Meetings Team.
· Serves as primary contact for the ISTH customer service team, finance, or other internal clients for registration related questions and issues.
· Sends registration confirmations and attendee communications to registrants in a timely manner.
· Issues certificate of attendance to event participants.
· Contacts registrants to collect appropriate registration data and resolves any registration related issues.
· Reports weekly or as needed registration statistics starting 12-16 weeks out from the events.
· Responds to and resolves registration issues and questions.
· Drafts on-site registration signage and coordinates on-site support services.
· Sets up registration area on-site and assists with on-site registration training of temp staff.
· Supervises the on-site registration process.
· Develop with the Meetings Team the onsite registration requirements and processes including, layouts, equipment needs and temporary staff scheduling and management.
· Provides excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders through phone calls, emails, etc.
· Utilizes multiple registration or data management systems.
· Works closely with other staff to provide accurate registration related talking points, fact sheets and procedures for handling inquiries.
· Reviews daily issue reports and reconciles any errors/omissions in the registration data with the organization’s Finance and IT department as appropriate.
· Understands integration process between organization’s registration and membership database.
· Continuously evaluates, measures, and improves registration processes, procedures and documentation.
Reporting & Integration
· Works with other ISTH departments and stakeholders on registration integrations necessary when onboarding a new product/service/vendor, upgrades to products that impact registration systems, etc.
· Sets up regular automated, registration reports.
· Reconciles income with finance department during and after each event.
· Provides adhoc reporting on registration data as needed for event planning purposes (e.g. Special Needs, ticket sales).
On-Site Registration Management
· Generates badges and registration materials.
· Manages stuffing process for registration materials.
· Prepares check lists and oversees the preparation and shipping of on-site supplies, badges, badge holders, extra badge stock, registration materials, etc.
· Trains volunteers assisting with on-site registration duties.
· Staffs on-site registration counter at selected conferences.
· Attends project meetings.
· Populates event websites with registration information.
· Works with ISTH Finance department and meeting manager on financial close out for registration income and expenses.
· Manages and maintains ISTH’s official Terms and Conditions (T&C) of Registration and keeps them current with industry and consistent with ISTH policies and practices.
· Thoroughly vets T&C’s with all stakeholders.
· Assists in training other ISTH staff on the use of registration system as needed.
· Stays current with industry registration trends and makes recommendations for changes and enhancements to registration processes, physical setup and registration documents.
ISTH offers competitive salary based on the experience and skills of employees. Additionally, ISTH provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403b match, ancillary benefits, access to Flexible Spending Accounts, and generous leave benefits.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge Required:
Required Experience and Skills
· Associate’s degree; Bachelor’s degree prefered
· Minimum 2 years of experience in the meetings industry preferred; preferably with an international scientific society/organization
· Prior work experience with registration and membership databases
· Ability to work both independently and as a team player (using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving)
· Professional-level meetings commitment, including some evenings and weekends consistent with timing of meetings and related preparation and execution; ability to travel domestically and internationally one to three times per year
· Bi- or multi-lingual is a significant plus
· Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation is a plus
· Expert user of online meeting registration platforms including the back-end management of registration design and implementation, with a keen focus on user-experience
· High level of understanding of the functionality of online meeting registration technology
·Ability to manage the entirety of the online meeting registration platform and ISTH meeting registration process
Customer Service Skills
· Strong customer service mindset with an ability to work directly with registrants and attendees
· Capacity to quickly build strong working relationships with vendors and meeting partners, while holding them accountable to commitments and deadlines
· Collaborative approach to all work; ability to create productive and efficient working relationships with internal ISTH teams including the finance and marketing teams
· Ability to assess and predict registrants needs and focus on providing excellent customer service
· Capacity to plan for, manage, and guide on-site temporary staff during meetings
· Self-starter, eager to take initiative to lead and guide registration processes with minimal guidance
· Highly organized with great attention to details
· Strong multi-tasker that can quickly work with different teams regarding a variety of meeting registration topics, while still prioritizing the delivery of set responsibilities
About International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
The mission of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) is to advance the understanding, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of thrombotic and bleeding disorders.
We are dedicated to transformative scientific discoveries and clinical practices, the development of young professionals and the education of physicians, scientists and allied health professionals wherever they ...may live.
At the ISTH, we initiate and promote education and outreach initiatives, research activities, scientific meetings, peer-reviewed publications, expert committees and the development of standards allowing a common language and approach to basic and clinical science all over the world.
We have over 3,800 members in more than 93 countries.